Follow My Portfolio - Foreign Stocks
(For investors interested to invest in foreign stocks from India - Innovation-led High Moat Stocks with Multi-year bright prospects)
Get foreign shares Buy/Sell transactions notification of Prasenjit Paul with portfolio allocation
Investment Purpose Philosophy & Asset Allocation
- Purpose - Almost every Indians are using products (directly/indirectly) of global companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple, Facebook (WhatsApp), etc, helping them profit maximization but not able to take part of value creation journey in Indian Stock Market. Thus, the primary purpose to invest in foreign stocks from India is to take part of their value creation journey and profit maximization. Secondary purpose is diversification across geography to mitigate any geo-political risk/uncertainties in India.
- Investment Philosophy/ Stock Selection - The investment will be in high moat companies having competitive advantages and great long-term prospects. For example, a company like Google (Alphabet Inc) is far ahead than competition and in few areas (like Android, Map, YouTube, etc) enjoys almost virtual monopoly with continuous innovation helping customer lock-in and networking effect. Such companies remain a consistent wealth creator and also having multi-year bright future ahead. Unfortunately, such innovation-led high competitive advantage companies are not available in India. Thus, the philosophy in foreign stock investing will be to stick with innovation-led high-growth companies having multi-year bright prospects.*
- Allocation- Personally, I will keep maximum 20% of overall portfolio value in foreign stocks, it can be lower than 20% but maximum threshold will be 20% just to balance risk-reward. The detailed allocation structure is available in after-login segment, "Member's Zone". Also note the investment horizon will be for very long term, like 2-4 years or more. After selecting high moat company with multi-year bright prospects, I will keep adding at every major price support level. On the other hand, I prefer company/sector rotation and profit-booking while investing in Indian stocks. The portfolio churning rate will be a lot lower in global stocks.
* My current portfolio stocks are from the following sector - Technology, Food (FMCG), indirect play of finance and healthcare segment. - All the companies have innovation-led approach translating high competitive advantage, customer-lock-in and market leadership in respective segment. By subscribing this service, you can get the details of all stocks.
Video: How to Invest in Foreign Stocks from India at Zero Brokerage?
- After expiry, if not renewed, there will be no web access and buy alert, only sell alert would be shared via email. Renewal is encouraged for full portfolio display with every buy/sell alert and allocation.
- Despite zero brokerage, there is 2%-4% bank transaction cost while you send fund to invest in foreign stocks from India. Thus, we suggest investors having overall portfolio value of at least more than 5 Lacs can explore a part investment in US stock market. Investors having small portfolio value can stick to Indian Stock market only. (There are no such minimum investment amount mandates by trading platform Vested)
- Equity investment carries market risk, there is no return guarantee.
Follow My Portfolio - Global Stocks
The service entitles transaction view of only global stocks, not transaction on Indian Stock Exchange.
- Buy/Sell transaction details of Prasenjit Paul
- Email, SMS alert after every transaction.
- Full Portfolio of global stocks with allocation details.
- No refund is applicable after the subscription.